KZ Writes Good
The internet is a huge bathroom wall, and any halfwit with a keyboard and a connection has an opportunity to scrawl on it. Take me, for instance. My name is KZ. For a good time, come find me at Prosaic Shades of Gray.
- April 5, 2016 // 2 Comments
- December 24, 2015 // 0 Comments
- April 7, 2015 // 0 Comments
- January 12, 2015 // 5 Comments
- January 10, 2015 // 1 Comment
- February 2, 2014 // 32 Comments
- February 7, 2013 // 30 Comments
- February 1, 2014 // 28 Comments
- February 3, 2014 // 25 Comments
- December 7, 2010 // 23 Comments
- By http://www.hackcheat..., February 26, 2017
- By BullViking11j, February 12, 2017
- By kredit privat vertra..., February 8, 2017
- By A 'lil Hoohaa &..., June 14, 2016
- By Jacob Booom, April 10, 2016
Do You, Mr. Jones?
You walk into the room
With your pencil in your hand
You see somebody naked
And you say, “Who is that man?”
You try so hard
But you don’t understand
Just what you’ll say
When you get home
Because something is happening here
But you don’t know what it is
Do you, Mister Jones?
– Bob Dylan, “Ballad of a Thin Man”
It feels like Bob Dylan is singing directly to me whenever I listen to “Ballad of a Thin Man”. Granted, I’m not as thin as I used to be, and my last name isn’t Jones, but I have often felt like an outsider looking in on the world, documenting what I see but never fully understanding the things I observe around me. I guess that’s why I find it so hard to write fiction even though I’ve always dreamed of completing a novel. In nearly all cases, the only time I can ever write with conviction is when my point of view is fixed squarely between my own two eyes. I’m a writer, not a storyteller. That’s what I seem to keep telling myself, anyway.
It’s a maddening feeling knowing that you have something to say, but forever doubting your ability to say it in just the right way.
30 Minus 2 Days of Writing (2014)
A painful exercise in forced inspiration brought to you by
“We Work for Cheese“